Saturday, July 3, 2010
It's the 4th of July Weekend!! Remember Safety First!
It's the 4th of July weekend! A time for celebration and fun with the family. Children are drawn to fireworks like a moth to a light. Hence, it's time to remind ourselves and our children and grandchildren the need to consider safety first regarding the use of fireworks. Each year emergency rooms see victims injured due to the misuse of fireworks. The National Safety Council on Fireworks Safety has published the following video regarding the safe use of fireworks.
- Never allow children to use fireworks without adult supervision;
- Make sure that if children are near and around fireworks that fireworks are used consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations;
- When fireworks are used, place them on a flat surface away from children in the case of a misfire;
- Have a bucket of water or two to use - a place to put used sparklers in so children don't burn themselves by stepping on a burned out sparkler;
- Have a garden hose ready for use "just in case" grass or other items are inadvertently set on fire from the use of fireworks;
- Don't allow children around a "firework" while lighting or deploying a firework;
- Don't attempt to relight a dud;
- Afterwards, make sure you soak a used firework before attempting to put the same out with the garbage to prevent a fire from developing; and
- The best and safest form of enjoying fireworks is to see them deployed by professionals!
Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you or a family member have been injured or damaged due to the fault or responsibility of someone else, an industrial accident or by a dangerous or defective product, drug or toxic substance, contact Alan Morton for a no obligation, free consultation.For additional information contact:
Alan L. Morton
MORTON LAW OFFICES, CHARTERED
1005 North Eighth Street
Post Office Box 420
Boise, ID 83701-0420
Toll Free: 866.946.1669 [866.WIN.1.NOW]